Ahhh, “The List”…Yes Folks, “The Disturbing Movies List” IS Still Going Strong! My FB Friends know ALL about it & have even (much to my excitement!) added movies and/or given their reviews on movies they have seen! I’m always excited to have a discussion about something I love! For anyone that happens to come across this particular post, here is a brief explanation of “The List”…
In Aug/Sept of 2014 I came across a sort video list about the most disturbing movies. Being a huge fan of Horror Films, of course it got my attention! I began looking for & watching those movies, which led me to more disturbing movie lists, which then led me to search for those movies & so on & so forth! To date, I have watched quite a few…Some truly sucked ass & others became instant faves! I believe I posted the 1st 50 movies on FB (along w/ where you can find them on line & a brief “Liked” or “Sucked” opinion) & then it was too much of a pain in the butt because the posts were way too freaking long! By posting here, at least it won’t junk up everyone’s time line! Sooo, here it is peeps…
“Jenn’s Most Disturbing Movie List” (In the order watched):
1) Martyrs – Awesome! Had to rent on Google Play but sooooo worth it!
2) Salo – I literally dry heaved during this movie…A lot! Better have a strong stomach to watch…REALLY STRONG! YouTube
3) Antichrist – Very good movie…On YouTube
4) The Girl Next Door – Loved! On YouTube
5) Cannibal Holocaust – Well…YouTube
6) A Serbian Film – I’m not gonna watch this one again, EVER! – YouTube
7) Human Centipede 2 – Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse than the than HC1…WRONG! – Netflix
8) Grotesque – Ewwww! Those Japanese film makers are twisted! YouTube
9) The Poughkeepsie Tapes – Not Bad! YouTube
10) Megan Is Missing – Pretty good…This movie could have been the perfect opportunity to use in schools & at home to scare the living Hell out of teens when it comes to online predators, however probably not a good idea now because I wouldn’t want to actually have my teen get ideas about sex & drugs!
11) The Snowtown Murders – Interesting! Netflix
12) Stoic – This was actually a good little movie! YouTube
13) Vase de Noces – Not one of my prouder moments, so please don’t ask! YouTube
14) Dogtooth – WTF? YouTube
15) Faces of Death – I’ve seen these before & they’re a bit ridiculous! But if you must they’re on YouTube
16) Mum & Dad – OhhhKaaay… YouTube
17) The Woman – Pretty good! Netflix
18) Begotten – WTF? Well there’s 90 minutes of my life I’ll never get back! YouTube
19) August Underground (Penance) – This one has 2 other parts…This part was on YouTube mo
20) American Mary – Loved the movie but hated the ending! On Netflix
21) VHS – I actually kinda liked this movie! Some of it was cheesy, but the gasp out loud parts made up for it! My 2 fave parts were Amateur Night & 2nd Honeymoon! Netflix
22) Last House on the Left – Ok so I kinda cheated on this movie, because I’ve seen both the Original (1972) & the remake 2010?)…Both were awesome, but the original was my favorite!
23) The Woman – Loved it! On Netflix
24) Man (or Men) Behind the Sun – True story of the Japanese army unit 731 & the testing they did on Chinese & Russian POWs during WWII…Pretty sad & definitely a bit brutal in parts…Also kinda slow in the beginning. After researching the actual happenings, it was a really accurate account! YouTube
25) ABC’s of Death – Bahahaha! That’s about all! Netflix
26) Cutting Moments – Interesting & a bit graphic…Only 26 minutes long but it definitely got the point across! YouTube
27) Kids – This movie sucked…I mean big time! YouTube
28) High Tension – Another Kick Ass French Movie!
29) Inside – Awesome! French Again!
30) Funny Games – Not too bad
31) Dead Snow – Ridiculous!
32) FEED – Wow…And NOT necessarily in a good way!
33) Frontier – Loved! You guessed it, French!
34) Cannibal (2006) – I’m pretty sure I got very close to watching gay porn on this one!
35) Sweet Movie – Complete Crap!
36) We Need to Talk About Kevin – Loved it! Very sad story!
37) The Burning Moon – Hhmmm…
38) Dard Divorce – Horrible Acting but some of the fx were decent.
39) Dead Girl – Actually I already saw this one
40) Sick Girl – Loved it! Even though the main character was as evil as they get, she had such a cute little voice!
41) May – Loved this one too! Made me discover a new director that I’m now in love with…Lucky Mckee…He did this one & Sick Girl!
42) Requiem for a Dream – Awesome! Very convincing & I highly recommend!
43) The Class (Klass) – Very good but very heartbreaking!
44) Ken Park – From the same director as Kids…Same result, complete crap! And I’m so not sure who the F Ken Park actually is!
45) August Underground (Mordum) – WTF?
46) Titicut Follies – Documentary about a hospital for the criminally insane made in 1967. It was apparently banned until a couple of years ago…Interesting but somewhat boring at times.
47) The Bunny Game – Art film my ass! The lead Chick was so annoying, I wanted to jump in & kill her myself within the 1st 3 minutes of the movie!
48) August Underground – The 1st of 3 parts…WTF?
49) Aftermath – Spain (1994) Ewww! Thank Jesus it only ran for 29 min! BitTorrent
50) August Underground’s Mordem – I think this was part 2 of the 3 parts…Still almost 2 hrs of wtf/gross! BitTorrent
51) I Spit On your Grave (1970’s) – Not Bad…A little graphic! BitTorrent
52) The Devils (Uncut) – Out of ALL the movies on this list, I probably spent the most time trying to get my hands on this one! I really liked it even though it was extremely weird! BitTorrent
53) Eden Lake (UK) – This movie was truly disturbing to me & stayed on my mind for days after I watched it! I guess you could say it bothered the Hell out of me! BitTorrent
54) Scrapbook – Ugh! BitTorrent
55) Murder, Set, Pieces – Horrible Acting, in fact sooooo bad I wanted to stop watching the damn movie about 10 min into it…Well, 10 min is probably being generous! BitTorrent
56) Excision – I actually really liked this movie! Unique, decent acting & extremely quirky! BitTorrent
57) Gummo – Hhmmmm….The Jury’s still out on this one folks! Another that took me awhile to get my hands on! BitTorrent
58) In a Glass Cage (I think from Germany) – WOW! Subject matter very disturbing as IS the entire movie itself! BitTorrent
59) Visitor Q (Takashi Miike) – This one is quite interesting…And ODD! BitTorrent
60) Bully – Ahhh…Only Larry Clark has the awesome ability to make movie after movie where teenagers are shown to be even more vile little bastards than they are in real life! If I had to pick one of his films, this one would probably be my favorite because it’s actually based on a true story. The movie stayed as close to the actual facts as possible. YouTube
61) Subconscious Cruelty – The most ridiculous piece of shit movie I’ve seen in awhile…2 hrs of my life GONE! But if you don’t believe me, you can find it on BitTorrent
62) Threads (UK) – A bit long but very effective in making you think about being nuked by the damn Russians! The aftermath is startling & pretty realistic in my opinion! BitTorrent
63) The Woodsman – I love Kevin Bacon…Even if his character in this movie is a pedophile! Very good movie! BitTorrent
64) The Loved Ones (Australia) – Loved the movie, Loved the ending & hated the villain so much that throughout the movie I kept picturing hitting her in the head with a large hammer! BitTorrent
65) Kill List – Jesus God the ending really pissed me off…But who knows, you may like it! BitTorrent
66) I Stand Alone (French) – I’m really not too sure about this one guys…It had some very graphic & taboo scenes & subject matter. BitTorrent
67) Naboer (French 2005) aka Next Door – Quite an odd little movie, but I kinda liked it!
68) Nuit et Brouillard 1955 (aka Night & Fog) – Short Doc about the Holocaust…Very Sad! BitTorrent
69) The Bully Project – Documentary…Must Watch! Especially if you have kids in your home! BitTorrent
70) Lord’s of Salem – Not Bad for a Rob Zombie flick…Def weird! BitTorrent
71) Haxan – Weird little Doc/Movie about witchcraft/satanism over the decades…Way Too Long! BitTorrent
72) Melancholie der Engel (aka Angels of Melancholy) – Gross, weird & disturbing in its own rite…You won’t catch me watching this shit a 2nd time! YouTube
73) Angst (aka Fear) – I probably could have done without watching but hey, it was on the list so WTH! BitTorrent
74) Happiness – More mainstream & made in the USA…Actually a pretty decent movie! BitTorrent
75) Calvairre (French) – A bit creepy & disturbing in my opinion but I liked it! The French rock when it comes to bad ass, disturbing cinema! BitTorrent
**Honorable Mention** “A Clockwork Orange” – I’ve actually seen this one several times & read the book just as many, if not more! I Love this movie!
So there it is Ya’ll! 75 Movies down & Lord knows how many more to go! Please feel free to comment or make suggestions!